Completions Project Manager
Main Office & Project Sites
Full Time, Regular
First/Mid-Level Officials and Managers
|Normal Work Hours and Days: Often required to work long days/hours based on high seasonal workload and remote projects. Due to seasonal work patterns, any schedule may be adjusted to accommodate workload.
Cruz Energy Services, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, other protected activities, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. **This employer participates in E-Verify. Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify.**
Responsible to source, bid, plan, direct and coordinate designated project(s) and oversee the organization, scheduling and implementation in accordance with industry standards, regulatory agencies and company philosophy. Sales efforts and projects to be mainly focused around completions logistics and support services.
- Sales (gain the opportunity to submit bids on multiple projects).
- Organize and schedule contracted project(s).
- Monitor and manage cost control on current project(s).
- Monitor and ensure safety standards on current project(s).
- Determine employee/labor requirements and interview, hire and train new employees, working in conjunction with executive management and HR as needed.
- Provide supervision, discipline and support to subordinate employees.
- Dispatch and manage activities of field personnel.
- Communicate with subcontractors, designers and engineers to coordinate functions and manage project activities across project sites.
- Assure adherence to contract standards and requirements.
- Maintain and ensure timely and accurate status reports on current contract(s)/project(s).
- Establish and update field policies, working through the General Manager, as needed or required.
- Assign or delegate responsibilities to subordinate employees.
- Provide technical assistance and mentoring to others within assigned project(s).
- Serve as a company representative and work to maintain ongoing positive relationships with project related agencies, officials and organizations.
- Provide leadership and oversight through on-location monitoring, which may include serving as backup for project employees and transporting necessary supplies, materials or equipment when coming in and out of project sites.
- Provide project document, setup and control.
- Purchase approved project materials.
- Review project operations and adjust when necessary.
- Serve as backup in the case of operational/project/labor/engineer/superintendent employee absence.
Responsible for the management of project employees. Indirectly supervises operators, drivers, and other such field personnel. May directly supervise them when on project site or in absence of first level supervisors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and preferably can also perform other tasks satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction management, or related field, or four years related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience with supervisory experience in construction field.
- Must possess a valid state driver license.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Master’s degree in engineering and ten years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience with management experience working with a construction company.
- Knowledge of the acquisition and cost control processes of oil field service contracts.
- Knowledge and ability to apply management and oil field service principles involving planning, resource allocation, asset management and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply effective methods of staff training and supervision.
- Knowledge of related laws and government regulations.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply first aid in emergency situations.
- The ability to effectively use computer hardware and software to create and track required record keeping and coordination functions, i.e., scheduling, equipment logs, daily reports, cost control tracking, etc..
- The ability to assess project production/performance and identify actions needed to improve or correct relative to project contracts.
- The ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- The ability to monitor and control resources and oversee the spending of money and conduct accurate job cost analyses.
- The ability to establish long-range objectives and specify strategies and actions to achieve them.
- The ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- The ability to provide technical assistance and advice to senior management and employees on current and potential projects and functions therein.
- The ability to positively and professionally represent the company to stakeholders, customers, regulatory agencies and the public.
- The ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- The ability to perform all functions while not disclosing confidential information.
- The ability to understand and effectively communicate verbally with others.
- The ability to speak clearly so others can understand.
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- The ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints.
- The ability to travel frequently to remote project sites and stay up to several weeks at a time.
- The ability to operate a vehicle to transport work related equipment, supplies and materials.
- The ability to wear protective clothing, as needed on project sites.
- The ability to ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.