Project Assistant Intern
Main Office & Project Sites
|Status: Full Time, Temporary
|Normal Work Hours and Days: Regular work hours are 7:00AM – 5:30PM Monday through Friday. Mandatory overtime based on seasonal workload and remote work settings. Frequent travel to remote projects sites, requiring long days/hours.
Approved by: Revised: 8/17/2017
Cruz Energy Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, other protected activities, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. **This employer participates in E-Verify. Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify.**
Responsible for learning how a wide range of projects in upstream oil and gas are completed and for assisting in designing, planning, managing and reporting on them.
- Work in the field to learn how projects are completed on a step-by-step basis.
- Analyze project-specific information such as routes, equipment requirements, personnel requirements, costs, timeline, technical specifications and other to build bids and project plans.
- Assist the Project Engineer in operations activities at project sites, including transporting of supplies and materials needed to conduct work.
- Assist the Project Manager with long haul rig moves and logistics by building load lists, double-checking dimensions of loads, collecting bids, awarding loads, developing project timeline, preparing information material for crews, and assisting in the management and reporting of the project.
- Assist the Project Assistant to collect, code, and process timecards, subcontractor invoices, permits, field reports, equipment inspections, rigging inspections and certifications, and other paperwork as needed.
- Manage specific one-off projects as assigned by Operations Manager, Project Engineer or Dispatcher.
- Assist in preparing status reports on current contracts/projects.
- Monitor and help ensure safety standards on current projects.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and preferably can also perform other tasks satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Currently enrolled in college classes
- Must possess a valid state driver license
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Previous experience in Oil & Gas
- Knowledge of and the ability to use a computer and software to record, track and design and analyze data.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Ability to professionally represent the company to suppliers, venders, customers, regulatory agencies and the public.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in writing.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate verbally with others.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
- Ability to meet design schedules with dependability and consistency.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise good judgment in prioritizing and
carrying out duties.
- Ability to wear protective clothing, as needed on project sites.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply first aid in emergency situations.
- Ability to operate a vehicle to transport work related supplies, equipment and